Monday, March 20, 2006

Family

Stay near me;
because I am weak all the time
and even more weak other times.

Still call me
Family
When I collapse.

Skinny
and ignorant
vulnerable
stupid.

I falter after emotion.

Stay near me
still call me
Family

because if you don't find my shoulder
to protect me
to keep me
then I'm lost.

So, please
keep me
you're my family.


Fin


So, it's Monday night and I wasn't able to find someone to do somethin with. I think I am going to go play hackey sack at a well lit gas station now that I am done with this poem.

Yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a gift with words, to help your listeners feel your emotions. Sometimes when I feel like you describe I deliberately spend time with someone emotionally or spiritually needy. It makes me think of what Jesus said:

Luke 14:12 He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers [2] or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. 13 But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”