Monday, December 29, 2014

a pain-hope career (part 9)

There was water,
and there was Smith
With Smith was metal
and more blood

Kumiko, mixed tears, water
and blood
all in his eye sockets
with each lid's movement

The shadows were gone
The stupid men, were gone
the book was wet
and Smith breathed heavily

Kumiko, sat without his pride. He groped for the book-for a moment, then looked at Smith's knees (he couldn't look him in the eye). "I..I didn't do it. I don't know why, I just sat in there and then I got the book, but I lost, I lost he wraith" Kumiko feared Smith killing him. Smith was a killer.

Smith's eyes made years seem short. Before another word was spoken, a sharp scraping rang from the hall where wraith had escaped. Smith's mouth dropped open as he slowly turned to look.

"It's her." He said.

FIN

No comments: