Monday, February 20, 2006

Prepared

Particles Drift
Through the lit air
Above my sealed eyes

You open the door
Just to bring bad news again
She's off track and likes another guy

Rise to my elbows
and squint
Slowly spreading grin

If the world dies today, I'm going to laugh.

So,
This is your storm crow,
announcement,
It's really not that bad.

Your feet aren't that ugly
When you walk in

and my interests are forever split
from here.

If the world dies today, I'm going to laugh

So, roll your eyes
and leave my habitation.
cuz I'm prepared
for everything to leave me.

I'll fall back asleep
just boxers and bones on the floor

Particles Drift
Through the lit air
above my sealed eyes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for what you said to clarify these words at the show last night. You said something about writing this in the first person but not experiencing all of it in the first person. Too often I assume that an author's words are all written just from his own experience.