Sunday, January 08, 2006

4 immediately pressing issues (psyche)

1.)
Just got back from a birthday party for my friends Mike and Mike. I am their guitar teacher. Tripod went with me (a stuffed animal I birthed from sewing together the parts of other stuffed animals).

In the kitchen I was enjoying a conversation with Mike’s older sisters, when I heard people playing music in the next room. They were singing to God. Mike and Mike were leading the singing with guitars. It is very good to see people helping other people with what you taught them to do.

2.)
And…I finished the recording of my bands EP today. The last guitar track for “Would that You Were” (one of my favorite songs and Grace and Jesse and Tom like it as well) was done about 5 this afternoon. Here are the lyrics

And you find yourself
There on a couch again

Actions never expressed
You only thought about them

A second of misdirection
Multiplies
You get paralyzed

I have done the same
Don’t repeat, it’s no good!

Second born we can still change.
Would that you were,
More than just kind of warm.

All of us the same predicament
Dealing with affluence

A second of misdirection
Multiplies
You get paralyzed

I have done the same
Don’t repeat, it’s no good!



3.)
Also…DDR does not stand for dance dance revolution! It has, does and always will stand for Dungeons and Dragons (which I have never played) If you think it’s dance dance revolution, then dial this number immediately

1-800-iamtremendouslydeceivedanddeservetobeflatdropkicked


4.)
Eddie Murphy is Richard Pryor on meth.

No comments: