Thursday, January 05, 2006

A reason to write

I have insomnia again. Sitting in the one heated room of my trailer, my little space heaters are humming. I'll stop being an arrogant sissy and get out a pad and pen.

I struggled with the idea of blogging, with thinking I am above it, and with being afraid of posting anything honest.

However something that happend on my recent trip to Mexico convinced me blogging could be good. I was sitting on the floor of a church bathroom at 2am, telling my friend Ryan (another Ryan, not me) about my confusion, my fumbling of life, my stupidity, my trusting God, and all kinds of not-so-impressive stuff. Still somehow, he seemed to be helped by knowing how I am stumbling through stuff and what God has been up to with me. Well, if that can help other people then OK.

I used to keep a diary, thinking "Someday people will read this and my life will inspire them to live better." well...that illusion got gunned down in the street a while ago. I don't keep a diary anymore.

I don't want this to be the same thing. I would rather write as a fellow clutz of life (cuz I know that none of us really has our stuff together).

Besides this is a blog not a diary and I am a boy not a girl who reads Jane Austin. So This blog will be about things I have recently screwed up, about my bands mission (to tell people why Jesus died), about things that make me puke from laughter, and about other stuffings that i pulled out of the butt of a Turkey.

Also, if you are one of my out-of-town friends I hope this will help you know wsup. Luv you guys. To the death!

till soon,
Ryan
www.desiringgod.org
www.purevolume.com/anapra just two websites to gawk at.

No comments: