Friday, January 06, 2006

It lodges in your brains

Band Practice went well last night with the band. It was difficult to sing again. I always have trouble singing when I come back from Mexico.

We practiced a new song we wrote to focus our overall message during our live shows. Here are the lyrics.

I saw
I saw him dying in his love (repeat 8x)

I will do my best
Not to forget
To remind you
That he died
So we don’t have to.


That’s the whole song. It comes across as a fist to the jaw in the rain so a bunch of rain slings off your hair when your head swings. At only 3 min. long the intro stanza which is repeated 8 times is done in a way that is almost like a mantra. It stampedes and builds and jumps and lodges in your brains.

I hope some of you all will be there on the 13th to hear it.

Say hi if you come to the show,
Ryan
www.stonesoverturned.com (another band we are friends with, Brothers in Rock)

No comments: